How Do I Choose A Sculpture For My Home
Sculptures are a fantastic way to show off your personality and convey your flair. The traditional styles of sculpture may not be the only ones available, as artists have developed modern works that range from contemporary to realism to suit any style preference you may have. You don’t need labels restricting what kind of sculptured art is allowed or encouraged for display at home; instead, let yourself choose!
There are many things to consider when choosing a sculpture for your home. There are so many different styles, shapes, and sizes to choose from that it can be overwhelming at times.
One of the first steps is considering what you want the piece to do. Do you want it as an accent? Is it going in a room where people will be sitting on or near the floor or will they be standing up? You also need to think about how much space you have and how big of a sculpture would look best in that space!
So How Do I Choose A Sculpture For My Home?
- If you want to use your sculpture as a focal point, consider finding or crafting something that will fit in with the theme of an area but does not have too much detail. For example, if there is a view from one side and some potted plants on another end then maybe it would be perfect for your new addition!
- Art is a beautiful and creative way to express oneself. One can make it personal by choosing an artist that they enjoy or try new styles of art with every purchase! When deciding on what type of sculpture, consider the size you have in your home. If space is limited then choose smaller sculptures or go for one piece instead of several small ones scattered around your room.
- If you have a large space to fill or are looking for something truly unique and different than what everyone else has in their home, then this may be just the piece that will set your décor apart.
- Examine many types. Sculptures are a great way to express one’s creativity and often they can summarize a feeling, moment, or event in the form of abstract work. People have been making sculptures for thousands of years from stone carvings that were created outwards toward human figures with more detail on their faces than anything else. There is no right answer when it comes to sculpture material either; metal, wood, and even paper mache come into play as well!
- Choose sculptures that have meaning to you! This can mean choosing a specific style if there’s one particular artist who has made an impact on your life or looking for inspiration from other meaningful pieces in your home. You could also look at different meanings behind symbols and details found within certain styles – like animals might represent wisdom while plants may highlight beauty.
People have a natural love for sculpture because of its association with the art world, so it’s the perfect time to bring one into your home!
Think outside the box when considering where you want one in your home. Maybe it doesn’t need any context at all – maybe you just really like looking at geodes of amethyst stones? It is never too late to include art in our homes by way of sculptural detailing! Start with these few tips and let your imagination take over.
Are You Looking For Contemporary Art to Complement Your Home?
The Marshall Gallery, located in Scottsdale’s Historic Arts District, has been the center of contemporary art since its founding in 1998. Boasting a collection of paintings, sculptures, and exquisite glass pieces, the gallery hosts several exhibitions each year plus a biennial glass invitational that attracts top-notch talent. Here you will find exceptional art presented in an open and relaxed gallery space, which is perfect for browsing the ever-changing collection. Explore on your own, or allow our expert art consultants to offer complimentary assistance to find the perfect addition to your own collection. Looking for the perfect piece of art to complement your home’s decor? Visit us in person or browse our online art store!